The myth about getting your HGV licence being a tough journey has to come to an end because we have made your HGV training smooth and a complete experience. You might be a great driver but if you are looking to drive a HGV professionally then you will need to go through HGV training to qualify for your HGV licence. Good news is we at New Wave Driving School have made it extremely easy to pass your test in the first attempt with the quality HGV training as compared to other training schools in the UK.
Training for Different Licence Categories we offer
We offer our students training for a wide variety of licences.
- CAT C Licence – if you want to drive vehicles in excess of 3500kg with trailers under 750kg
- Class C+E – If you want to drive vehicles in excess of 3500kg with trailers in excess of 750kg
- Class C1 – if you want to drive vehicles ranging from 3500kg to 7500kg with trailers under 750 kg
- Class C1+E – if you want to drive vehicles ranging from 3500kg to 7500kg with trailers over 750kg
Depending on the type of vehicle that you want to drive, you will need HGV licence trainings accordingly.
Other Requirements for Passing HGV Licence Test
There are some more easy steps to get hold of your HGV licence.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must hold a valid driving licence.
- You must be physically fit to be able to qualify for the test.
- You will need to go through a complete medical check-up before you get your HGV licence.
- You must hold the knowledge of the rules and regulations of the road which you will learn in your HGV training.
- You should be an expert at parking, coupling and decoupling the vehicle under all circumstances which we teach you during your HGV driver training as well.
Career Prospects after you get your HGV Licence
Once you qualify for driving a heavier vehicle, you will already be on the road to success. Soon after you get your licence, you will be faced with hundreds of HGV jobs that are beneficial and rewarding at the same time. As a skilled HGV driver you can make more than £32,000 per annum with various bonuses and incentives aside. There is a lack of skilled drivers right now in the country and with your CAT C1 licence you will be able to avail hundreds of job opportunities.